Become a leader
The first level of PADI PROFESSIONAL training, Divemasters work closely with PADI Instructors to fine-tune diving skills, rescue skills, gain dive knowledge, and become role models to other divers. PADI Divemasters are respected professionals who are in demand all over the world. This is where your adventure can really begin...
Dive Centre Bondi's PADI Divemaster Course will transform you into a leadership-level diver. As a Divemaster you will be able to work as a dive guide, assist instructors and get paid to go diving! Working closely with experienced PADI Instructors, the Divemaster Course takes your diving skills and knowledge to a professional level. The PADI Divemaster course qualifies you to lead guided dives, run Discover Scuba courses and assist instructors with other student divers. Becoming a PADI Divemaster is just one step away from becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor.
• Theory: Complete your E-learning (online theory) at home or on the move before Day 1 of the course.
• Weekend 1 of 2: The practical sessions start with two consecutive weekends. Weekend one covers theory, fitness, swim tests and pool work.
• Weekend 2 of 2: Revisit Rescue Scenarios, refine and polish your skills up to instructor level and more!
• Internship: Interning on real courses and real dives helps you to prepare for becoming a real-life Divemaster! Our intern program is included and it’s flexible! You can schedule your intern days around your own availability. This can be completed over a few weeks or a few months, depending on your other commitments. During the internship, you’ll supervising dive activities and assist student divers, complete a mapping project and guide already-certified divers on organised dives.
Wetsuits, BCDs, regulators, tanks and weights are all included in the course cost. There are a few items of personal equipment that we recommend you own as a PADI Divemaster. These include:
• Mask, snorkel, boots and fins - required on all courses for comfort and hygiene.
• Divers log book
• Dive knife or cutting tool
• SMB (surface marker buoy) or safety sausage and a spool
• Underwater slate or 'wet notes'
By enrolling in a Divemaster course you've demonstrated that you're serious about your diving. At this level, you may be starting to look at purchasing your own equipment (BCD, regulators, computer, etc). We offer our Divemasters great packages - just ask in-store.
To book your course online simply select your start date and follow the prompts. You can also book by phone with credit card details or drop into the Dive Centre to book in-store. Payment is made at time of booking to secure your place and receive your PADI e-Learning access code - that way you can get started straight away!
To enrol you must be minimum 18 years old, hold a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent certification), be certified in Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or equivalent first aid and CPR training) within the past 24 month, have at least 40 logged dives and be fit for diving (you’ll need to undergo a medical check to obtain your Divemaster Certification).