Nelson BaySharks and Critters
What and Where?
The weekend commences on Friday evening at the divers lodge in Nelson Bay. On Saturday morning we head out to Broughton Island and dive the Looking Glass dive site and hopefully with the Grey Nurse Sharks also. The Looking Glass is an amazing dive site, and possibly one of NSW best! That evening after a quick siesta and a bite to eat we head down to Fly Point or Halifax Point for the night dive. Both of these sites are well renowned as fantastic shore diving sites with loads to see. Don’t forget your torch! Sunday morning we board for our second double boat dive. This time the plan is to dive The Oakland Wreck which sites in approximately 30m on a sandy bottom with lots of fantastic marine life amongst the props and around the hull. We plan to finish the last dive at approximately 1pm and head back to Sydney after a shower and a bit lunch.Nelson bay is renowned for having some amazing diving. Whether you're into macro or the big stuff you're in for a treat! So make sure to bring your camera!
How much & what's included?
The cost of the trip is $385.
- 2 nights accommodation
- 4 Boat dives
- 1 Night dive
- Tanks and weights
*Nitrox will be charged extra and paid directly to Let's go Adventures.
Book online and Save! Only $375
Don't miss out book now! Space is limited!
Tanks and weights are included with the trip. For those with additional equipment requirements we offer special trip pricing for the duration of the weekend. Equipment can be picked up as early as the Thursday before the trip.
- Full equipment rental:
- Special Trip Price $120 - Book online for $100
- Full equipment ex/ Mask, Snorkel, Fins:
- Special Trip Price $100 - Book online for $80
- BCD and Regulators:
- Special Trip Price $80 - Book online for $60
Special course pricing
Advanced Open Water Course
- Normally $395
- Special Trip Price $295. Save $100!
A minimum of PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent is required for all trips for you to enjoy the best dive sites some of which are beyond 18m. If you don't hold this certification we have a special offer for you. You can complete the course with us as part of your trip for a discounted price of $295 in Sydney prior to departure.
Advanced Course Schedule:
- Day 1 - Completed in Sydney on a weekend before the trip.
- Navigation Dive, Buoyancy Dive, Fish ID Dive
- Day 2 - Completed during your trip.
- Deep Dive & Boat Dive
- Normally $295
- Special Trip Price $225. Save $70!
To really allow you to make the most of your bottom time the PADI Nitrox course will be available on this trip at a special rate of $225 (Theory conducted in Sydney before departure).
Diving with Enriched Air Nitrox (EAN) allows you to extend your bottom times and shorten your surface intervals. Enriched Air is a breathing gas with an oxygen content of between 21% and 40%, consequently you are breathing less nitrogen so can dive for longer as your body is taking on less nitrogen.
Important info for the trip
- PADI Advanced level or equivalent is the minimum required certification level for all DCB trips. This is due to the varied dive sites and to cater for different environments and depths on our adventures, such as wrecks, shark gutters and cool canyons. Lots of the best diving is beyond 18m and we don’t want you to miss out.
- Transportation is not included but we will help arrange car-pooling if needed, just drop us an email to let us know.
- All divers require an SMB (Surface Marker Buoy) and spool and a torch for night dives where applicable. The SMB and spool are for your safety incase you drift from the boat when surfacing. We offer good discounts on any gear you need to purchase so please let us know if you need any of the above items.
- We will have an orientation evening on the Wednesday evening prior to departure date. We meet at Dive Centre Bondi at 7pm to cover paperwork, car pooling and arrange equipment. If you cannot attend don’t worry, drop into the shop at your convenience during the week and we can arrange it for you.
- Please ensure you have dived in the last few months. This is so you are familiar with your weighting and your equipment ensuring you will be more comfortable in the water and get the maximum enjoyment from your trip.