Located on the southern shores of Port Stephens, Nelson Bay offers beautiful beaches and exceptional snorkeling and diving - Grey Nurse Shark colonies, a huge variety of marine life, and stunning walls, canyons and gullies. Spend the morning diving (two dives each day) and the afternoons relaxing on one of the pristine beaches or by the marina with a cold drink... don't miss out! The trip is open to 8 divers (a nice small group) so join us for some world class diving up the coast...
Important info for the trip
1. PADI Advanced level or equivalent is the minimum required certification level for all DCB trips. This is due to the varied dive sites and to cater for different environments and depths on our adventures, such as wrecks, shark gutters and cool canyons. Lots of the best diving is beyond 18m and we don’t want you to miss out.
2. Transportation is not included but we will help arrange car-pooling if needed, just drop us an email to let us know.
3. All divers require an SMB (Surface Marker Buoy) and spool and a torch for night dives where applicable. The SMB and spool are for your safety in the event that you drift from the boat when surfacing. We offer discounts on any gear you need to purchase, so please let us know if you need any of the above items.
4. We will have an orientation evening - time and date tbc. If you cannot attend don’t worry, drop into the shop at your convenience during the week and we can send you all the information by email.
5. Please ensure you have dived in the last few months. This is to ensure you are familiar with your weighting and your equipment which means you'll be more comfortable in the water and get the most out of the dives on the trip.