Discover a new world of flexibility, improved streamlining and alternatives to carrying heavy cylinders on your back… just enter the water, clip and go.
You don’t have to be a cave diver to dive sidemount… Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides and feel that they have gained comfort, control and redundancy (by having extra gas) which means their diving has become more enjoyable and safer.
The Sidemount Diver course takes two days and involves classroom time and four dives covering:
- Equipment assembly and configuration
- Trimming your weight system and equipment for balance
- Basic to advanced sidemount skills
- Gas management including switching tanks (and regulators) when wearing two cylinders
- Safety, anticipating and responding to potential problems
- Two full days instruction
- All study materials
- Full equipment (sidemount valved tanks, sidemount BC and sidemount regulators)
- Certification (upon successful completion of the course)
- Return transport from Dive Centre to dive sites if required
Class sizes are small (max 4 students per instructor) to ensure each student receives focused attention and individual feedback. If you’re a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can become a PADI Sidemount Diver. Book your course online, or contact Dive Centre Bondi to find out more about our new Sidemount Course and get your PADI Sidemount Diver and Tec Sidemount Diver Manual.
Course fee: $545.00